Monday, September 13, 2010

Cádiz!

This weekend mis amigos y yo fuimos a Cádiz! I LOVE LOVE Cádiz. This little town was just so picturesque. The beach, the streets, the plazas, everything! We took the bus from Córdoba to Cádiz saturday morning. Spent a few hours looking for a hostel (We thought we booked one in advanced, but actually didn't). It's funny because I found out that the previous hostel I booked was a 45 minute drive from the bus station, and I wasn't going to taxi all the way there. I started freaking out because there was no way I could cancel and I'd already spent 60 euros to book the hostel. But just as I started to freak out, I see an email from the hostel telling me that they actually couldn't book me because it was full. THANK YOU JESUS. 

So there we are in Cadiz, without a place to stay ( I mean, we could have stayed up all night and partied like some other girls--but I found out later that they had a miserable time). We walk hostel to hostel, and all were either booked or too expensive. But then I remember a hostel that our director told me about and we happened to be close by. As we walked there, I kept on praying that there were free rooms, and there was! It's actually quite amazing how we found a hostel being that it was a weekend during the perfect time to travel. I know it's no big deal, but I'm just so grateful. Because, had we not found a place to stay, I know for sure, I would have been miserable.

After we settled in, we practically all ran to the beach. It was soo beautiful and reminded me a little bit of San Diego on a good day. After the beach, we went to get some drinks. Got me a Tinto de Verano (sangria) which was delicious.
But the best thing in Cádiz, for me at least, was when we ran into a street performer at some plaza (there are a lot). He was playing this weirdo instrument. Looked like a small piano with no strings. But he was AMAZING. I had to do everything I could to stop myself from giving him the 10 euros I had in my pocket. I found out later that he's from norway and he's just traveling all over europe, doing what he loves. That seriously was the highlight of my trip. I know, it's weird. But I just can't help it. I can look at beautiful paintings and buildings, but when I listen to beautiful music, it's as if God's talking to me. I'm so glad I got to see that, and take a video of it too!

Mis amigas!
Later at night, I decided not to go to crazy La Punta (where all the young people are partying) and went to some cute little bars instead with good company.
Ok so I'm getting kicked out of the internet cafe ahaha. sorry this was a crappy blog with a crappy ending!!

Hasta luego!