Saturday, November 27, 2010

Accion de Gracias!

Also known in Amerrca as THANKSGIVING!


I absolutely had the best Thanksgiving EVER. Everyone from our program went to a nice big dinner (YES with good ol american turkey, stuffing, pie, and LOTS of wine, cavo--spanish champagne, and tinto). Later, we all went to the discoteca with our profesors! Only in Spain will you be able to go out to the discotecas with your profesors, take shots with them, and have them stay out longer than you--I'm talking about til 6 in the morn. Yes, I'm a gramma compared to my profs. I had the best time everrrrrrr.

Pictures and descriptions to come, promise!!



ok so this is the funnest game ever. do the BRRR BRR thing, while taking a picture. aja



At the discoteca with my profs. Elli, my art history teacher is the cutest. She's so cool and sweet, and I get super excited when I go to a museum and see something we've learned about in class. And Antonio, my history of spain prof. He's probably the most passionate teacher I've ever had. It's amazing how he remembers ever single detail, date, sidenote, movie, book, painting, quirks, and random dumb things without any notes. He really made me history come alive for me. (Oh, and all the girls in the program have crushes on him). Ahaha at the discotech, I finally mustered up the courage to tell him he was my favorite profesor. 
(funny story side note: so I was taking my history midterm and I was answering a question about the Spanish Inquisition. Antonio said beforehand that our grammatical mistakes don't matter, the important thing is the actual content. So, to say the least, I was not paying attention to grammar at all. When I got my test back (with a proud 9.1 out of 10, yea I'm bragging about my history grade), I realized that for the inquisition question, I wanted to say the Catholic kings used torture (tortura) but instead, I wrote, Los Reyes Catholicos usaron tortuga (The Catholic kinds used TORTOISE!). AHA, just imagine his face while correcting all these tests.---ahah reminds me, sorry I keep trailing off, of a conversation I was having with my Spanish parents about scary movies. I was describing psycho and wanted to say, 'all of a sudden, someone appears with a knife'. BUT INSTEAD, i said, 'all of a sudden, someone appears WITH A SPOON'. Ahaha, I'll bet I've confused plenty of people during my stay here. It's no wonder people are always giving me confused looks)

AH I CAN'T BELIEVE I HAVE ONLY 3 WEEKS LEFT!! Next week is my last real week of school, then I'm off to Porto and Barcelona, than Scotland at the end. I'm really going to miss it here. Especially my spanish family, and I know this is nerdy, but my classes and profesors :(

shutterfly site updated!